Monday, 27 May 2013

Strawberry Anarchy Asks Monster Koookies


Name: Kimberly Ann Hart
Occupation: I manipulate clay into strange shapes.
Favourite colour: Purple. And black. And lime green... purple the most. It's always been my favourite colour.
Favourite animal: Any sort of fury rodent.
Favourite arty book: I really love books that go into detail about a specific craft or technique. Aside from that, though - I really love The Very Hungry Caterpillar. All those illustrated coloured textures are awesome. Plus he likes to eat - and so do I.
Favourite song or band: I don't have one specific favourite - there are too many. Lately my favourite album has got to be Push The Sky Away by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds or Anastasis by Dead Can Dance.
Inspiration or favourite artist: There are way too many to even name. Inspiration usually comes from random daydreams, thoughts, and dreams at night. I love DeviantArt.com, though - there are so many talented artists, there.
Shop Name and Link: Monster Kookies
Official website: monsterkookies.com
Etsy shop: monsterkookies.etsy.com
Facebook: facebook.com/monsterkookies.creations

What you make: A vast variety of strange things. Anatomical things, strange things in my own cartoony style, mechanical/industrial things... all sorts of stuff, really. I don't have one specific style, so it seems.
Who taught you what you know? I am completely self-taught. 
when did you decide to sell your art online and why? A friend introduced me to Etsy a long time ago, and after awhile I thought that my stuff might find a good home on there. I had been sculpting for a little while and just selling to family and friends, but selling online was a completely different experience, and I was now face to face with a global community. It was a bit mind blowing  I live in a small town, and I know that my stuff doesn't exactly appeal to everyone here. Being online exposes you to people from every corner of the globe that might be interested in what you're making.
Do you sell offline too? Yep. I sell in a few stores - Uber Cool Stuff in London, Ontario, Canada, Elizabeth's Art Gallery in Goderich, Ontario, Canada, and the Mutter Museum Gift Store in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Where do you make stuff ? I work in my home studio. I included a photo of me at work.
What are some other interests or hobbies you enjoy doing? I do chainmaille, as well. I also do a lot of chocolate making, baking, cooking, sprouting, listening to music. I love food, so I also love trying new restaurants.
What is your favourite piece of art in your shop now and why? Right now I have an awesome squid and a One Eyed Elephant at Elizabeth's Art Gallery in Goderich, ON.  They are best seen up close and personal because the photos just don't do them justice.


You can see more of these wonderful creations over at the Monster Kookies Etsy Shop

If you like my blog please subscribe here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin