Monday, 20 May 2013

Strawberry Anarchy Asks JPS

Occupation: ARTIST fulltime
Favourite colour: Hard to choose 1 so i'd have to say red
Favourite animal: cats
Favourite art or graffiti book: I dont study any other artists
Inspiration or favourite artist: Eminem i find very inspirational how his determination combined with skill achieved his goals
What is your favourite film? Robocop
Shop name & link: JPS Facebook Page
What you make: sometimes money sometimes art 
who taught you what you know? even though my father was a prolific alcoholic criminal he was very skilled at art unfortunately he only really done art in prison but he did teach me how to draw 3d cars when i was just 4 years old. most of my skills i taught myself i was definitely blessed with a natural ability for art.
Do you sell your art as well as painting walls? yes i do but not a great deal at moment I'm currently living back at mums and its very difficult to paint stuff here as she keeps the house so damn tidy but on the other hand the fact she lets me live here rent free so i sometimes wonder could i survive solely on the art? when i do sell work i do get good prices but the money goes back into weed, paint, and equipment and onto walls i still have no bank account so selling work can be tricky.

What are some other interests or hobbies you enjoy doing? i enjoy exploring abandoned places and also reading up on multiple murders lol (that sounds so wrong lol)


What is your favourite piece? as I've been so prolific this year its difficult to answer that. I did turn down a 3k offer on the chunk of wall piece even though i could repeat the piece there will only be 1 chunk of wall I'm not an artist motivated by greed.

I think either you or Thierry Guetta could secretly be Banksy, has anyone else ever thought this before, and what do you say to that? If Thierry Guetta ins't Banksy then Banksy owes him a slap for so shamelessly rippin him off, so i like to think there 1 of the same, yes i also have been asked a number of times if I'm Banksy but I'm not.  I'm JPS (i stopped being Banksy 2 years ago)

Where the magic happens
I listened to your latest interview on Kreep Radio and you say you want to challenge Banksy, how would you challenge him? well with the pennywise piece I've kicked it off by taking the infamous Banksy balloon its a given that he should do a piece that takes it back i know he wont respond he doesn't acknowledge my existence it would not be the same type of war as the robbo thing because painting over each others work is lame.


How do you keep your ideas fresh and do you ever have periods of time when you can’t come up with new ideas? an artists biggest fear is running out of ideas I've been lucky in that respect although if that does happen i'll just switch to showing off technical pieces the old school type work. most artists blocks come from looking at others work for inspiration that's why i ignore/ avoid looking at others work at least for ideas because that can cloud the channels in your brain that fresh ideas come from.

What have you got planned for the future? get to america and not look back!

What does your mum say about your art? Is she encouraging? Also what murders are you reading about at the moment? Why do you want to go to the states, what draws you to it?
My mum doesn't realise the money that can be made, she says she likes my stuff but she always turns down art gifts i give her she says shes proud so i guess i'll have to settle for that. not really reading up on murderers lately I'm waiting for the James Holmes trial to start that's an interesting case to look at. I've always found I've had a strong desire to head to america and most of my fans/buyers are Americans i think they deserve a JPS show.


If you want to have a look at some other amazing work from JPS, visit his facebook page and you will be sure to find many gems.

If you like my blog please subscribe here :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin