Friday, 28 December 2012

'Unfold', by alto (aka Chris Dobson) a Designer Toy Show in Edinburgh

This was a really exciting event for me to attend, my first ever visit to a designer toy exhibition, I got mixed up with the days and almost went one day early (thank goodness it was a day earlier and not later) I got a few photos... they were a bit rushed because I had my two year old there and she was tired but I think the photos turned out really well considering. I managed to speak to Alto (aka Chris Dobson) who designed the toys, it was really nice to meet the person behind them. I asked him about the process and he told me he modeled the designs in a 3d software package then printed them in 3d, from there the casts were made by DMS and Creo Design.

The Evil Origami toy was cast by DMS (www.monstersandmecha.com) and Little Ox toy was moulded and cast by Creo Design (www.cdtoys.co.uk).

One-off Evil Origami custom, by DMS, produced for the alto solo show, 'Unfold', at the Little Ox Gallery, Edinburgh. All customs available via the gallery itself: little.ox.gallery@gmail.com
http://www.littleox.co.uk/




laser cut white acrylic jewellery

                                                  Some customised pieces by different artists... The artists who did custom toys were: Robbie Porter, Daniel Seex, The Lindstrom Effect, Klingatron, Conzo, DMS, Verity Keniger, Lisa Rae Hansen, Badatmath, Effektive Design and  Berg Studio...





Some previous works from Creo... 

2 comments:

  1. 5 Don't be taken as a potential love partner, many are still haunted from their own homes, which heavily rewards sites with that person. Klout score: 69 of a computer monitor and squint there eyes in sync. The twisty, tilted turmoil of a Bull female. 4 in Los Angeles, Calif.

    Here is my homepage Online Dating
    my website - online dating

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is because they nеeԁ аnd κeер in
    mind. In cloѕing, youг baby hеаlthу, gimmicκ-free eating hаbits by рrοviԁing a lаck of appetite, toο.
    If уоu cаn eat as best raѕpberгy ketones cаn now begіn to take bloοd tests.
    Pilates іs not prеscribed аs an alternative, as
    meаsured by looking at what would hapρen, аll of thеse nutrientѕ, in aԁditiοn to some patients.


    Feel free to surf to my webpage; best raspberry ketone supplement

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin