Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Strawberry Anarchy Asks Stoopidgerl...

Name: Kim Ripley (aka~ stoopidgerl)

Occupation: stay-at-home-mom, photographer, and resin jewelry artist

Favourite colour:  It changes all the time but right now my favorite color is purple

Favourite animal: zebra

Favourite arty book: any David LaChapelle photography book

Favourite song: another thing that's constantly changing but right now I love Electrosexual's "I Feel Love"

Inspiration: Willy Wonka and his chocolate factory

Shop name: stoopidgerl 

What you make: resin jewelry, photography prints, and pinback buttons.... also a little bit of vintage items

Who taught you what you know? I am self-taught with jewelry but I have a BFA from Wayne State University for fine-art photography.

When did you decide to sell your art online and why? I had a crappy job working at Sears as a children's portrait photographer and I couldn't take it any more so I walked out one day and starting dabbling in resin. Do you sell offline too? I would like to someday but right now I only sell my wares online.



Where do you make stuff ? I just recently moved and haven't set up my studio yet but I have a nice space in the basement of my home.

What are some other interests or hobbies you enjoy doing? I also enjoy going to carnivals, out to eat for Asian food, going to thrift stores, and I'm fairly new to the world of wine.

What is your favourite piece of art in your shop now and why? My favorite photo is the Rainbow Crackhouse.  This was an abandoned house in Detroit near Mexicantown. I'm not sure if it's still there but I felt like it was such a magical place every time I drove by it. My favorite piece of jewelry is the Rainbow Bright necklace  wearing it just puts me in a happy place!
 Strawberry Anarchy Likes...

 
Click Here to visit  The Beautiful Rainbow Sparkly and Vintage emporium that is Stoopidgerl.

4 comments:

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin