Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Strawberry Anarchy Asks Jen Kiddo...

Name: Jen Kiddo
Occupation: Fine Artist/Painter
Favourite colour: Black
Favourite animal: Cat
Favourite arty book: hehe. my sketchbook. :)
Favourite song: That is a difficult one to answer! ..but, if I had to pick one, it would be Ten Years Gone by Led Zeppelin.
Inspiration: Tim Burton and Hayao Miyazaki

Shop name: jenkiddo (link: www.jenkiddo.etsy.com)

What you make: Original acrylic paintings on wood panels and various surfaces (like old cabinet doors, tile, and canvas). My paintings have imaginary characters, usually with great fashion and an animal companion. They are whimsical, playful, and colourful. Each painting expresses a piece of my personality, and I love sharing it with everyone. The characters are usually female, as they are self-portraits of my alter-egos.

who taught you what you know? I am mainly self-taught, but i learned some tips while in college (such as color knowledge and composition).

when did you decide to sell your art online and why? I officially populated my Etsy shop in July of 2011. It made sense to me in this age of the internet to have my art available online for those who enjoy it. I have had some international sales, which absolutely thrills me!

Do you sell offline too? Yes! I do have booths at craft shows, along with showings at other art events, where my work is also sold. On my facebook fanpage, I do update the events that I participate in... www.facebook.com/Jen.Kiddo.Art

Where do you paint and make stuff? I have a customized, cozy lil' nook where I have all my paints, brushes, pens, everything! hehe. One of my cats love to sit on my art table and watch me make art. :3 here's a link to my studio album too... more Studio Photos

What are some other interests or hobbies you enjoy doing? I have a very strong interest in Japanese culture (the food, people, language, art, etc). There is something so fascinating and captivating about Japan. I plan to visit there very soon. My other interests include learning/practicing electric guitar and my 2 black cats Ninja and Yoda. They are definitely a big part of my life and inspiration for some of my art. Linkage

What is your favourite piece of art in your shop now and why? Right now, my favourite piece in my shop is Firefly Girl. I love colour, and this is one of the most colourful paintings I have made recently. I also enjoy the environment she is in because it looks to be very fantastical and and full of magic. She appears to be in complete euphoria with these fireflies. :) I will have a print of this original painting available soon.

- For  everyone who has enjoyed reading this interview and would like to purchase one of Jens masterpieces, I got an offer of a 10% discount to my readers with the code...
 the code is "strawberryanarchy" 
 Thanks so much Jen! Loved reading about you and your art!!  Love from Strawberry Anarchy xxx

4 comments:

  1. The Etsy link above isn't working... So here it is:

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/jenkiddo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sorry about that it should be working now :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin