Saturday, 26 November 2011

Inspiration for LED Cutie Pot Heads...

There are a few things you might have noticed. I am obsessed with cute, things captured in glass and also light, I love lights! Although up until I have not been able to show my love for light as much as I would have liked to before until now. I made this LED light painting before... but the technology behind it was a bit too complicated to sell as finished products.

My pot heads work perfectly because the inner workings are inside the little plant pot so are hidden and the instructions to turn off and on are so easy ( turn battery around to face the other way) I just love playing with light and I learned about LEDs a few years back when I had been looking at some Light Graffiti which I also love. I have always loved the idea of vinyl toys with light and I am so happy I have been able to do this myself in my own way because I had thought of the light paintings and light dolls a long time ago but they all just came together recently. I also wanted to do light jewellery but then realised a few other people had been doing that already.

My first LED Painting... ( I cut out different shapes and added cardboard to the back and put acetate behind it to create different colours)

SnowFall pot head... 
First ever Lamp pot head...

#
Different style of lamp pot head...

You can see more of my Cute pothead over at my Etsy Store.

1 comment:

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin