Tuesday, 26 July 2011

The Garden of Cosmic Speculation

Fractal
UPDATE: we managed to visit this yer, please see the new blog post for photos...

Sometimes the internet amazes me, I stumbled this article and thought, "what an amazing garden!" Then I find out it's in Scotland, I thought "even better we can visit!!" I'm more stunned I've never heard of it before.


Steelcurves

The Garden of Cosmic Speculation takes science and maths as its inspiration and located at Portrack House near Dumfries. Unfortunatley it's only open to the public one day a year, so I'm going to have to get a reminder set for the 1st of May 2012!!

Blackhole6

Photo's by Flexdream. You can see more on their flickr here

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This place looks amazing! Only 1 day a year?!?! That is unfair to the public. ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I wonder why it's only open for one day, it's a bit weird but whoever created it must be a bit eccentric so maybe it's for some mathematical value or reason? haha who knows but I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes I saw this garden on stumbleupon and really wanted to go too! Shame it is only open one day a year but maybe I'll make it up there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look really cool! I'd love to walk through the garden, it looks magical. Dumfries is far from the USA, but I do have ancestors from there. Maybe someday I can visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope to visit next time it's open and I will take lots of photos and tell you all about it so it's like you have been yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is may 1st the official day for next year???

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin