Friday, 5 March 2010

Beautiful Zingy Lime Cous Cous Salad Recipe by Strawberry Anarchy


I actually made this recipe because I didn't have a lot of food in my flat and I felt like I needed something healthy. I really wasn't sure if mushrooms and lime would go together but I tried it anyway and it turned out very yummy, the ingredients with (optional) do not really have to be added the first time I made it I never had them in it and it was still ultra tasty but adding in the extra stuff makes it even better.

What You Need
1 serving of Cous Cous
1 red pepper
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
5 button mushrooms
1 carrot grated
1 tomato- optional
chilli powder (optional)
salt (optional)
pepper (optional)
Juice of half a lime
fresh Coriander (optional)

Instructions
Make the cous cous up, normally by pouring on boiling water and leaving for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork and wait to cool, then cut up all the ingredients in very small portions especially the garlic, mix into cous cous and add the lime and other seasoning's. I like to eat mine with oat cakes since I'm on a new health kick. It is very tasty I made up a big bowl full so I can snack on it for 3 or 4 days. I hope you Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin