Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Shaped Fruit and Veg: Budda Shaped Pears ?

Yep when I was younger I thought in 2009 we would be in flying cars wizzing around the sky and other futuristic stuff. Only lately though humans have been manipulating growth of fruit and veg to make it into different shapes which I think is pretty futuristic. To get these fruits shaped like this they put them in containers when they are small and as the fruit grows it takes the shape of the container. You can buy square watermelon in Japan but apparently it costs and arm and a leg. I love the star and heart shaped cucumber and the square grapefruit looks nice too. It's funny that these look like they have been photoshopped but they haven't. I wonder what came first the photoshopping of these shaped fruits or the shaped fruit?



2 comments:

  1. If cucumbers really came in the shapes of stars, I'd probably be able to get my boys to eat more of them.

    I'd love to eat a square watermelon. I love watermelon, but they look even more appealing as square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could grow your own all you need is some star shaped tubes! I think it's a good idea to get children to eat more veg! never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin