Sunday, 5 July 2009

Smencils (Scented pencils) Made from 100% Recycled Newspaper

I was back in Dundee at the weekend and I visited one of my favourite shops there called "rockhaven" it's lovely it has all the cute stuff I love, little erasers, and also crafty stuff. I came across these Smencils and bought the root beer ones for my boyfriend as he loves to Draw. You can get these printed with your own company logo and name. when I have some more money I think I will get some done. They smell DIVINE. You can even buy kits to make your own at home. here is the link to the smencil site.


Some Smencil Facts
♥ An average sized cedar tree will make about 172,000 wood pencils.

♥ 172,000 Smencils can be made from about 430 newspapers.

♥ Recycling a single run of the Sunday New York Times saves about 75,000 trees.

♥ The average tree can filter about 60 pounds of air pollution per year.

♥ If everyone in the US recycled just 10% of their newspapers, we would save about 25 million trees each year.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miquette! Loved your post about Smencils. We are letting all of our fans know that we are bringing Smanimals to life... thought you would like that. You can follow their journey to the shelves of Walmart by going to SmanimalWorld.com and watching the videos.

    Thanks again for all the Smencil love!

    The Smencils Team

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin