Friday, 3 July 2009

Mandrake Mayhem

I love mandrake's, they are just plant root's but legend has it that when the root is dug up it screams and kills all who hear it. Alot of them resemble human features and so the legend was born. There are so many more stories of mandrakes and I have seen them in the films Pan's Labyrinth and also Harry Potter. I made a little mandrake and my friend said it looked like "a little jobbie person" HAHA. jobbie means a turd in Scotland. I will get a photo when I'm back from Dundee I'm going there for the weekend. Here are some cute photo's of them and if you want to read more about this interesting plant root and it's magic then go here.






Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. I think I'd be scared of digging it up :s Did you grow yours, then dig it up??

    ReplyDelete
  2. the legend is kinda creepy! lol. also, i watched 'pan's labyrinth' and even though it was reeeeally good, it scared the crap out of me. just saying.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin