Monday, 1 June 2009

BBc Headroom Mental Health

If you have an interest in Mental Health or are worrying about you Mental Health here is a great website that you can go to and it has all different video's and interviews with people who have been diagnosed with a certain type of mental illness this will be good for people to see they are not on their own and also it is good to drop the stigma of mental health go to Headroom

If you want go straight to Ruby's room and watch some interviews with people with all the variety of mental illness this is the link to click. Below Ruby Wax talks about her own experience with mental Health and her family upbringing.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I was was just about to blog about my sons mental health issues when I caught sight of what you had written. I too have a mental health issue which has been coming & going for about 7 years, it came back with a vengeance last year & has not gone since, but I am receiving treatment. I talk about mental health issues very openly with friends & family to show that I'm normal (!) & to stop this ridiculous stigma that surrounds them. People have to be made aware of 'hidden' disabilities too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the link strawberry anarchy, will go and have a look. Its nice to know and find resources for mental health issues as it can feel very lonely sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I think it's important to break the stigma, I'm glad the world is becoming more open-minded about mental health issues but it's obviously not fully there yet. I also have mental health issues and have known lots of people and some family members who have had them and apparently one out of 3 people have them at some point in their life and it is good to show people who stigmatize that they are just normal people like everyone else.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin