Sunday, 15 March 2009

Roger Dean Architecture and Art

Roger Dean is a famous fantasy artist and designer he did a lot of psychedelic album covers for bands in the 60's - 70's. I love his surreal landscapes and trippy worlds. He also designed a cool house in the style of his drawings which I love. It reminds me of the hobbit houses on lord of the rings he might have had something to do with that. You can see that his style carries through to his architecture. Below is the house he designed and some of his paintings.

Roger Dean House




Roger Dean Paintings





Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. ooohhh that is SO SO cool ! i wish i my flat was designed by him! i think more flats just needs to be designed with round shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm in awe...super cool. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a cool design. I wish I've a house like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely one of the coolest houses ever. Love all the curves and the bathtub.

    ♥Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone. I know It seems much better than pointed edges and squares! Isn't it silly that we rarely see rounded designs and it would actually be much safer and if you had kids they wouldn't bang their heads on the corners of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that house I wish i lived in it.Looks like he did a lot of the Yes album covers.Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. His designs and paintings are very innovative. I liked the vived colours.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin