Monday, 16 March 2009

Holly Hobbie

I wanted to start blogging about vintage styles that I reckon are very cute, because I collected erasers a lot of these cute characters became known to me. You might remember Holly Hobbie stationery and collectible plates. These little girls wearing bonnets are seen quite often in other art now. They have changed her now though and she just doesn't look as good I will include a picture of her update at the bottom! Why do they have to change cool stuff? If it aint broke don't fix it! Same with Strawberry Shortcake she was so much better vintage.






If you enjoyed my post then don't forget to subscribe and pick up your Free Stuff and check out my art gallery on facebook xxx 

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. hi, late tag for you, pls. check it, thank you so much for dropping by in my page, I really love to visit your blog, theres a time that I need to search and look your blog, i'm still lucky because you dropped by in my page and I regularly check you out. It's my opportunity to share this tag and meme smile for being sweet to me while dropping ec in my page. pls. check my affies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a BIG HAT makes all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you: the "old" Hooly Hobbie lloks so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shots of the original. She's the one I grew up with. I even had a hat like her. It was the 70's it wasn't my fault :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree and loved the "vintage" one. The new one doesn't even look like her. grrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new Holly Hobby is just awful. The old one is so cute and brings back fun childhood memories. That reminds me I have a whole book of Holly Hobby applique designs. I should really put one on a skirt sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin